Frequently Asked Questions
Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS)
- How to Design a Custom Digital Filter for the SBIII
- Battery Backup inputs to 25 Pin SB2+ connector _ 63A style
- Quick Start Reference Guide for the Signal Booster III
- SBIII Default IP Address and password
- CLNA Field Replacement without PAs
- SB2+ Default IP Address
Vector Network Analyzers (VNA)
Bird Service Center
- How do I get an RMA number?
- ISO Certifications
- How do I get my product repaired?
- How do I get my product calibrated?
- Can I still receive support or get repairs on my obsolete product?
- How do I get my attenuator repaired at Bird's repair facility?
43 Series Wattmeter
- Troubleshooting the Model 43 Wattmeter
- How often do I need to calibrate my Model 43 wattmeter?
- How do I read Forward and Relected RF power on a Model 43 wattmeter?
- Why is my Model 43 getting hot when I key my radio?
- Is it possible to replace the glass in a Model 43 wattmeter?
- 4300-400 Peak Power Kit Manual
- 1500-WA Attenuator Drawings
- 1000-WA-MFN-40 Drawing
- 1000-WA-MMN Drawing
- 1000-WA-FFT Drawing
- 1000-WA-FFN Drawing
- 300-WA Series Attenuators
- When using a sampler element, how do I convert the signal to a voltage?
- Warranty period of a Bird Element
- What is the difference between a 1000H and 1000H1 element?
- What is a non-directional RF sampler?
- What are the output characteristics of a power element?
- What is the calibration cycle of Bird Elements?
Calibration of Products
- What does it cost to calibrate or repair my Bird product?
- What documents are provided when equipment is calibrated?
- How often does my SiteHawk need calibration?
- What accreditation is Bird's Service Center?
- How do I get my Bird wattmeter calibrated or repaired?
- What is the calibration cycle for Bird products?
- 4421-038 Latch-N-Lok Cable
- SK-TC-MNFN RF Test Cable for SiteHawk
- TC-MNME N(M) to 7/16 DIN(M) Phase Stable Cable
- TC-MNMN N(M) TO N(M) Phase Stable Cable
- TC-MNFN N(M) TO N(F) Phase Stable Cables
- TC-MNFE N(M) to 7/16 DIN(F) Phase Stable Cables
- Average Power Handling for QC Connectors
- What is Power Handling of 4240-062 N-Type Connector?
- 4240-400 Adapter Kit Drawing
- 4240-401 Adapter Kit Drawing
- What is the power handling capabiliy of the 4240-165 RF coupling block?
Broadcast Power Monitors
Cable & Antenna Analyzers
- AT-500 Firmware Update
- AT-400 Firmware Update
- SK-4500 Cable & Antenna Tester
- SK-6000 Cable & Antenna Tester
- MIB file for ACMi
- I need a battery for my SiteHawk SK-4000.
Channel Power Monitors
General Product Information
- Warranty period for Bird Products
- Which meter is best for CB and HAM radio?
- How to Choose a Sensor
- Transmission Line Attenuation Over Frequency
- Power Ratings of Transmission Line Section Sizes
- SH-36S-PC not working on Windows 7 or Windows 10 PC
- IM-89/UR SWR Meter
- 2120-010 and 2120-011 Meter Displays
- 3900 Frequency Counter Wattmeter Manual
- 4100 Series RF Power Sensors
- Thruline 4805 and 4805-037
RF Coax Selector Switches
RF Power Sensors
- 5017, 5017B and 5017D Sensors & Windows OS Compatibility Chart
- What are the differences between the 5010, 5010B and 5010T DPS sensors?
- How to get a 5018 wideband sensor to work with VPM3 on a Windows 10 OS
- How to get a 5016 wideband sensor to work with VPM3 on a Windows 10 OS
- How to get a 5012 wideband sensor to work with VPM3 on a Windows 10 OS
- How to get a 5019 wideband sensor to work with VPM3 on a Windows 10 OS
RF Record & Playback Products
RF Terminations (Loads)
- What is the amount of shielding provided on an RF load?
- Water Quality for Bird Water-Cooled Loads
- 1500-WT Load Drawings
- What is a Mismatched Load?
- What oil does the 8936-230 load use?
- What oil does the 8936-115 load use?
Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- RoHS compliance
- Beryllium Oxide SDS sheet
- Beryllium Oxide (BeO) Warning 921-BTG-1300.1
- Bird model 5-1134-3, Industrial Grade Ethylene Glycol Safety Data Sheet
- Bird model 5-1070-2, PMX-200 Silicone Oil Safety Data Sheet
- 5-030-3 Refined Mineral Oil Safety Data Sheet
Sales & Service Support
- Bird Sells TX RX Systems
- How do I get the MIB file for my Bird product?
- I need tech support assistance. What phone number should I call?
- What is the phone number for Bird?
- 3D CAD Model Needed
- I need a 3D drawing of a Bird product. How can I get one?
Semiconductor RF Sensors & Power Meters
- What control protocols are available for the 4421A Power Meter?
- What communication protocals are available for the 4421A?
- Is there a firmware update for the 4421A Power Meter?
- Accuracy & error sources of 7020, 7027, 7028 sensors
- 4421 Power Meter Obsolescence Notice
- Do I have to use a 4421A meter to read RF measurements?
VI Probe Systems
- 2080-044 Meter Repair Kit
- 2080-002 Meter Repair Kit
- Ham-mate 4362 Wattmeter
- What is the APM-16 Wattmeter?
- 4391A Manual
- 4391 Wattmeter Manual
United States Export Classification Control Numbers (ECCN)
- Where can I find export codes or ECCN?
- 5017D ECCN
- ECCN information needed
- 4025 RF Sensor ECCN
- 4024 RF Sensor ECCN
- 4023 RF Sensor ECCN